Thursday, October 29, 2009

Oct 29

Sleepy but standing...

-What a great start to what will be a great World Series. Cliff Lee was on fire yesterday, with a pitching performance we haven't seen in years on such a big stage. 10 strikeouts...ZERO walks!  In YANKEE STADIUM!!  Against the YANKEES!  This guy was in Cleveland at the end of July thinking he'd be sinking with the ship because Roy Halladay was supposed to be going to Philly.  Funny how the world works.

-Tonight will be equally exciting with Pedro on the mound.  Though now, maybe this move backfires. You are not only going to play an angry, frustrated Yankee team in their biggest must-win game of the season, but you are also putting a known nemises on the hill to face them.  Trust me, the Yankees remember Pedro. They will be out with their hunting goggles on and I think, will do quite a bit of damage to even this series.

-Unfortunately, I'm not going to see much of the game tonight because I will be at the WFCU Centre to broadcast the Windsor Spitfires vs Owen Sound Attack game for my old friends on 560 CFOS.  It's always a blast for me to call those games with one of my favourite people in the world, Fred Wallace, and get behind the mic and announce hockey.  I love the OHL and I like it more than the NHL sometimes. And how can you not in Windsor.

-Taylor Hall, Ryan Ellis, Greg Nemisz and Cam Fowler are possibly the best four-some in the OHL and all have been, or will be, high NHL picks come draft day.  So if you live in the Ontario Hockey League city, check your calender for when the Spits come rolling into town.  It may be your last chance to see talent like Hall and Ellis without paying $50 a ticket.

-Any suggestions of fun things I could to do for my birthday in December?

Don't hate the player!

No comments: